A faster loading blog is because of optimized SQL Database Queries and compressed CSS.You can also optimize your WP Blog using these simple wordpress plugins.
- css-compress : This plugin automatically removes comments, new lines, tabs, and gzip compresses (GZIP) any CSS file.Installation :
1. Download css-compress.2. Upload css-compress.php into your wp-content/plugins directory.3. Activate the plugin through the WordPress admin interface.
- WP-Optimize : This plugin optimizes your MySQL Database by removing post revisions, comments in the spam queue, un-approved comments within few clicks.This plugin works with wordpress 2.7++ database cleanup and optimization tool.You can rename any username to another username too.
- Remove the existing wordpress post revisions
- Remove all the comments in the spam queue
- Remove all the un-approved comments
- Rename one username to another username, it’s designed to rename default “Admin” user to something else
- Apply MySql optimize commands on your database tables without phpMyAdmin.
- Display Database table statistics.
- WP-DBManager : This plugin allows you to optimize, repair, backup, restore, delete backup database , drop/empty tables and run selected queries. It also supports automatic scheduling of backing up and optimizing of database.After installing the plugin Go to ‘WP-Admin -> Database -> DB Options’ to configure the database options.Download WP_DBManager for WP 2.7.xTo survive a Digg effect, or sudden rise in page views you could also try using plugins like
- WPSuperCache which store static html files from your dynamic WordPress blog. After a html file is generated your webserver will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts.
If you know or use any more plugins that help in optimizing WP Blogs, do share them with us.