Its easy to handle multiple friends list from one IM client rather than different clients for different IM Protocols like Yahoo,MSN,Google,AIM, etc.Here’s a list of Multi Protocol IM Clients.
- Digsby: Digsby is relatively new IM client which has lot of features to offer. Digsby lets you chat with all your friends on AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Google Talk, and Jabber with one simple to manage buddy list. Digsby is currently supported only in Windows.
- Pidgin: Pidgin is an open source IM client which supports several clients. Pidgin supports AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Google Talk, MySpace IM and few others. Pidgin runs on Windows and Linux OS.
- Adium- Adium is a multi-protocol IM client exclusively for Mac OSX users. It supports almost 17 protocols including AIM, MSN, Jabber, Yahoo, Gtalk and more. It also features OTR encryption, tabbed messaging, file transfer, webkit message display. Download Adium.
- Trillian Messenger– Trillian supports ICQ, AIM, Yahoo Messenger, MSN, and IRC. Trillian is a all in one program which is completely skinnable. Trillian comes in two varieties, Basic and Pro. Trillian is available only for Windows.
- Instantbird – a powerful IM that uses the Mozilla rendering engine and Pidgin that works with AIM, Gadu-Gadu, Google Talk, ICQ, MSN, QQ, XMPP, Yahoo.
- Instant-t – lets you communicate with your MSN, AOL, GTalk, Yahoo and ICQ buddies. Features multi-person video chat on any IM network.
- Miranda IM – works with various IM protocols including AIM, Gadu-Gadu, IAX, ICQ, IRC, Jabber, MSN, Netsend, TLen, Yahoo and more.
- QNext– Qnext is a Peer-to-Web (P2Web) broadcasting software which allows users to share files and communicate with email and instant messaging contacts. It is cross-platform, compatible with Mac OSX, Windows, and Linux.
- Meebo – Web-based instant messaging client right from your browser and from anywhere. Works with AIM, Yahoo!, MSN, Google Talk, ICQ and Jabber.