Conficker virus also known as Downup, Downadup and Kido infects computers across a network by exploiting a vulnerability in the Windows Server service (SVCHOST.EXE).It terminates some processes, and block users access to security-related domains.The latest variant is capable of generating 50,000 domain names using its own generator algorithm.More information can be found at the Microsoft.
You can check online if your system is infected with the Conficker virus by visiting Conficker Working Group
How to interpret the results :
- All Images load – Not infected
- Anti Virus logos not visible – Possibly Infected by Conficker (C variant or greater)
- SecureWorks logo only visible : Possibly Infected by Conficker A/B variant.
Prevent Conficker virus infecting your computer
- Apply the MS08-067 Windows Critical Security Update
- Disable removable drive autorun feature in your Windows system.