How To Create Your Own Image Hosting Site
Image Hosting can be really helpful in sharing images, uploading screenshots, images for free templates etc.Here’s how you can create your own Image Hosting Website like imageshack or TinyPic on your webserver using Chevereto which is a free opensource script, completely written in php.
- Free and open source.
- Your own image uploader for your webserver.
- Requires no database
- One click upload of your images from PC or web.
- resize images.
- Integrate it with url shorteners like TinyURL for easier sharing.
- Create your own bookmarklet or Firefox extension for your image Hosting site.
- Supports JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF.
You can also use this script as private image uploader for your site/blog.
Webserver Requirements : PHP 5 with cURL and Image Processing (GD).
- Download and Extract the files, next follow these steps
- Open config.php and edit the definitions.
- define ( ‘URL_SCRIPT’, ‘http://dev.chevereto.com/’) // run the script URL (url to be the root of the hosting)
- define ( ‘DOM_SCRIPT’, ‘dev.chevereto.com’), / / domain or subdomain of the script (note, that affects whether or not to go with “www.”
- define ( ‘PATH_SCRIPT’, ‘/ chevereto /’) / / Relative path from web carpera to the script (eg: / public_html / chevereto /) ‘/’ if you run in the root web.
- define ( ‘PATH_SERVER’, ‘/ public_html /’. PATH_SCRIPT) / / The path to the server where your script, take note that PATH_SCRIPT. In this case is: / public_html / chevereto /
- define ( ‘APP_NAME’, ‘DEV Chevereto’) / / What is your hosting
- Also define the directoty paths.
- Editing. Htaccess to work with your domain.
- Edit in js / rules.js line 44.— Var url = ‘http://dev.chevereto.com/pref.php?url =’ + checked;and put your url in place of the default.