Eject and Close CDRom Tray From Desktop
I’ll show a simple way of doing this using NirCmd, which is command-line utility that allows you to do some useful tasks without the need of a GUI.
- Download NirCmd from here
- Unzip and copy the file “nircmd.exe” into your windows dir ( for eg. C:\Windows )
To Create a shortcut for Opening CDRom Tray :
- Right Click on the desktop, and select New –> Shortcut
- Browse and locate the path in windows folder for NirCmd, leave a space and cdrom open x: (where x denotes drive letter).
C:\Windows\nircmd.exe cdrom open x:
- Click next and save the shortcut with Open CD Tray.
To Create a shortcut for Closing CDRom Tray :
- Repeat Above Mentioned steps 1 and in step 2 replace open command with close command, looking like this
C:\Windows\nircmd.exe cdrom close x: