Enable Thumbnail View For PSD Files In Windows Explorer
In the latest versions of Adobe Photoshop with the inclusion of Adobe Bridge the thumbnail view of PSD files within the windows explorer is no more present, This can be really difficult if you intent to see preview of the file you need to open the Adobe Bridge inorder to view the preview, which consumes a lot of RAM.
Another way is to restore the the thumbnail view for the PSD files within explorer.
Here’s how to restore thumbnails for PSD in explorer
The psd thumbnail view is not included by design in the lastest version of photoshop. To restore this feature follow these steps:
1. Download psicon.dll
2. Place the DLL in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Shell\
3. Thumbnail previews of PSD files are now back
The psicon.dll can be downloaded from here.
Update : Also Read Latest App : SageThumbs – To Preview Thumbnails Of Images ( Including PSD ) In Windows Explorer and Context Menu.
NOTE : Do Backup Your Data, registry and create a restore point just in case anything goes wrong.
If your using Windows 7, try this method.
- First, you need to download the necessary PSD Thumbnail Shell DLL file.
- UnZip and copy the file to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Shell\ (if it doesn’t exist yet, create it).
- Download and run this registry file. It will add the necessary changes to your registry to allow the Shell to access the new Adobe DLL.
- Restart your system to see the changes.
Download Required PSD Thumbnail Shell and DLL file registry file from[Source : Cha2e.com]