WordPress primarily started off as a Blogging platform but themes and plugins have made it easy expand its functionality, news and magazine based themes and plugins like event management extend WordPress functionality.Event Management is very important to put up a good event, but the most important thing is to manage the registrations and to get audience to register for the event which give an estimate for making arrangements like seating, merchandise etc., WordPress a blogging platform has plugins which can convert it from a blogging platform to a complete Event Management Portal.Events Manager puts together a an easy and simple event manger into wordpress, which makes it easy to manage blog to keep your audience updated about the event and also manage events from within WordPress.
Events Manager Plugin Features :
- Easy event registration (single day with start/end times)
- Recurring and long (multi-day) event registration
- Bookings Management (including approval/rejections, export CVS, and more!)
- Multiple Tickets
- Multisite Support
- BuddyPress Support
- Group Events
- Personal Events
- Activity Stream
- more on the way!
- SEO Permalinks
- Assign event locations and view events by location
- Google Map integration straight out the box!
- Advanced permissions – restrict user management of events and locations.
- Sidebars to display your events and locations
- Calendaring widgets show your events in an AJAX calendar format
- iCal Feed
- RSS Feeds
- Template tags and shortcodes for use in your posts and pages
Here’s how to create events using events manager :
- Install the Events Manager WordPress Plugin and Activate it in the WordPress Plugins Section.
- Next To add a new event, navigate to “Add New” under Events Section.
- This creates a new page, where the list of all events scheduled are displayed and each event has a separate page with a SEO Friendly URL Structure.
- The event page gives more information about the event like map for direction by embedding a Google Map and also lets audience by tickets for the show and
Administrators have a huge set of options available under the Setting for “Events Manager” Plugin where various Options like customized like the event format, calendar format, Booking and Ticketing Options, Maps and GeoTagging, Booking Email Templates, Email Setting and User Roles can also be managed on a Multi-User Blog.
You can try this plugin on the next event you plan to host, Do share with us your thoughts about this plugin.