I’ve earlier shared a free app that lets you create shortcuts as Stacks similar to Mac OS In Windows, Similar to Stacks in Mac OS you can now have the Mac OS stacks features in Windows including Windows 7.
7stacks is a free app that gets Windows 7 (and Vista and XP) have “stacks” of icons in their Taskbar (in 7) or QuickLaunch Toolbar (in Vista and XP).7Stacks fills what Windows 7 misses out on and what Mac OSX has in the taskbar/dock.
7Stacks has 3 different styles of stacks: Normal, Grid, and Menu
- Normal displays a stack of icons vertically.
- Grid displays a “square” grid of icons only.
- Menu displays a cascading menu of items, with a very small icon and a name next to it.
- Group of related icons into a single icon
- Browse and access documents and subfolders from the stacks
- Implements MAC OS Stacks feature, in Superbar
- Supports AERO in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- 3 different styles of stacks: Normal, Grid, and Menu
- Pin up to 10 different stacks on the Windows 7 taskbar
How To Use :
- In Windows 7, create a new stack by right-clicking on any stack and selecting “Create New Stack” from the JumpList entry.7stacks will place an shortcut icon on your desktop to this new stack, which you can then pin to your Windows 7 taskbar, or Vista or XP QuickLaunch bar.