Windows XP is one OS from Microsoft which many users are familiar with right from the startup tune to the default wallpaper, right from Windows Vista and Windows 7 most of the aspects have been changed including the startup tune.If you miss the Windows XP startup tune and want to have it in Windows 7, here a easy way to do that.
Startup Sound Changer is the free portable application which can change startup sound both in Windows 7 and Windows Vista, the program is very intuitive with 4 buttons,
- Play – To play the currently set startup tune
- Replace – Change the currently set tune with a new one.
- Restore – The restore the startup tune to the OS default tune.
- Exit – To exit the application.
Download, Extract and Run “StartupSoundChanger.exe” which would like the image below.
Also Read :
- How to Change Windows 7 Theme To Windows XP Luna Theme
- Change Logon Background In Windows 7 Using Logon Changer
- Startup Delayer
If you want to replace the Windows 7 startup tune, use the Replace button to browse and select the Windows XP tune which is available at this path in Windows XP [ X:\Windows\Media\ ] or a tune of your choice but remember that the audio file format needs to be .wav .
Download StartUp Sound Changer.