If you are a web designer or want to start a new project and icons are what you are looking for to make your user interface look good then traditional search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo etc., are no good, For icons there are other places to look for which are Icon Search Engines.
3 Icon Search Engines, which you could consider while searching for icons for personal and commercial use in Projects and Web Designs.
- IconFinder – A icon search engine with over 800+ icon sets with a total of 150K+ icons to search for with icons with permissions for commercial and personal use.The search results are very easy to filter through as well for example if you want to search for icons for “ facebook” the image below shows how the results look like.
The search results can further filteredbased on the icon sizes you are looking for by dragging the slider for 12px – 128px filters the icons between 12px and 128px.The filtering of search results can also be done based on the license of the icon.The icons can be filtered on licenses
- Allowed for Commercial Use
- Allowed for Commercial Use ( No Link Required )
The icon in the search results are available as PNG and ICO formats, more info about the icon can be found by clicking on the INFO menu for information like Designer, License, Size etc.
The various icons packs can also be browed at Icon Finder, or use the Firefox Addon to search for icons right from with Firefox.
Also Checkout :
- Find Icons– This search engine is similar to IconFinder, but has a few differentiating features.It makes available the icons in 11 image formats ( PNG, ICO, ICNS, BMP, GIF, JPEG,PSD,TGA, TIFF, EPS, SVG ) and Icons can be filtered based on Color, License ( Commercial Use or No Link Required ), and Style ( 3D, Crystal and Hand Drawn ).Also Checkout : How To Compress Images Without Loosing Image QualitySimilar to IconFinder, Find Icons for each icon search result more information about the icon can be known by clicking the info button in the icon box as shown in the image below.Icon in the chosen format can be downloaded by selecting the format from the “ MORE ” menu as shown in the above image.
- Icon Wanted – This icon search engine has better license filtering options than IconFinder and FindIcons, It provides filtering based on 7 Licenses and 10 styles.The only catch to download icons is that it requires a one time registration to download icons, which is not so in the above mentioned sites.
Do you use any other search engines for finding icons for your work, Do share with us by sharing knowledge using the comment section.