SMS and Email’s can be the most distracting to attend while driving, To prevent accidents because of distractions like reading SMS & Email use DriveSafe.ly a free mobile application that supports multiple mobile platforms like Blackberry, Android, iPhone and Windows Mobile.
Install this app on your mobile phone and the next time you receive a SMS or Email, the reads it out aloud for you automatically without any user interaction, letting you concentrate on the driving and not accidently bumping into another vehicle.
- Reads your text messages and emails out loud in real time
- Hands Free – No need to touch the phone while driving
- One-touch activation
- Bluetooth and radio transmitter compatible
- Reads text message shorthand (lol, brb)
- Optional customizable auto-responder
The application deals with one aspect of the problem that is reading but there are also users who compose SMS while driving.Composing or Replying to SMS & Email via Voice can also be a handy option,which I feel would make the application complete.
Currently the DriveSafe.ly application is available for Android and Blackberry and iPhone and Windows Mobile version are yet to be released.
- Select Your Mobile Phone Platform
- It can be downloaded Via SMS (or) Via Email
[ Via – Amit Bhawani TechBlog ]