MAC OSX Like Desktop Icons Stack For Windows OS.
In previous posts I shared various icon docks like Rocket Dock , circular dock. But the most eye catchy feature of Mac OSX is the icon dock that shows icons as a stack, you can get the same feature of icon stack in windows using a free tool called Stack Docklet.
Stack Docklet lets you arrange icons in the form of a stack or in a grid format.Here’s how you can create a icon stack.
- Downloaded StandaloneStack, unzip the files into a directory and open the folder.
- Create a shortcut of StandaloneStack.exe
- Right-click on this shortcut, choose properties.
- At the end of “Target” field, enter the name of your stack,For Example : C:\standalonestack\StandaloneStack.exe desktop where desktop is the name of the stack.
- Double-click on the shortcut, the stack docklet properties should appears, and then, choose the folder that you want. Click OK.You can also choose the Mode ie., either Stacked or Grid.
- Now Double Click on the shortcut to start the stack.
Note :If you want to change the properties of the stack, hold SHIFT or CTRL key and double-click on the shortcut.
Other Shortcut Parameters :
- <stack_name> : the name of the stack, and remember that each stack must have a different name.
- /notaskbar : the stack will not follow the taskbar orientation.
- /top or /bottom or /left or /right : force the orientation of the stack.
Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/NT 2000 SP4.
Download Stack Docklet.