5 Plugins For Creating EyeCatchy Featured Content Section in WordPress
You might have seen in some blogs/sites where featured posts are placed on the top, such slideshow galleries are generally use to promote posts, You can implement such a featured post gallery in WordPress or in general in any site using these plugins.
Also read about 5 more wordpress plugins for creating featured posts sliders/gallery on your wordpress blogs.
1.Featurific : WordPress plugin that displays featured items, in a beautiful and professional flash gallery, Its available for free for both WordPress and Non-Wordpress Users.
- Easy to install and highly customizable
- Runs in Flash 8
- 21 Templates to choose from.
- Customizable text, backgrounds, and images
- Works on any server, out of the box
- Runs in any browser
- Based on XML.
- Works on WordPress blogs, and also with general sites.
- Can also be placed in the sidebar.
Download : Featurific
2.FeatPlug : This script can generate ‘featured content’ section for your site using the suitable stories. It can also run as a standalone script or even integrate into any other Blog/CMS/Forum software.
- Image caching
- Template support ( Uses any JS/Ajax script to output the contents!)
- Layered architecture : input_layer (Standalone, WordPress etc) ? featplug engine ? output theme (simple banners, slide show etc)
- Image enlarging
- Broken Image Checking
- Supports WordPress MU: As of 0.62 release
Usage : In WordPress you can run the plugin in either as a widget or call the following functions directly in your template.
3.Featured Content Gallery Plugin v2.0 (FCS) By Smooth Gallery to display a gallery of featured posts of a single category.This plugin makes use of the Custom Field Option of WordPress, to display the images in the featured gallery of one Category.is a script based on
- Single category only suppported.
- Height,Width and Text Overlay values can be configured
- Can be displayed on the WordPress Blog, by using the following php statemet
<?php include (ABSPATH . ‘/wp-content/plugins/content-gallery/gallery.php’); ?>
How To Use :
- Select the category you set within the plugin options page,
- Upload an image to be displayed within the gallery and paste the path to that image in a custom field called “articleimg”.
4.Featured Category Slideshow / FCS
This plugin is also based on Smooth Gallery similar to Featured Content Gallery by WPElements.The only difference it that this pulgin always shows the 4 newest posts in the slideshow. Older posts will just be automatically be removed out of the slideshow without being deleted from the blog.
- Create a new category called FCS
- Assign at least 4 posts to the new FCS-category
- Every post has to contain a key called “leadimage” customfield with the value to the image.
- and paste the following code where you want the slideshow to appear
<?php include (ABSPATH . ‘/wp-content/plugins/fcs/gallery.php’); ?>
- You can also make the slideshow to change slides automatically, by changing the “timed: false” to “timed: true” in gallery.php present in the plugin folder.
Featured Category SlideShow(FCS):| .
- Adjustable Height and Width
- Maximum of 10 posts
- Customize the screen time for which each article will be shown.
- You can add a slideshow directly into your theme files using the following line of PHP code:
<?php d13slideshow(); ?>
- For each post you have to have a key “promoimage” and an absolute URL of the image as the value.
d13slideshow Gallery : Download|
Read about CB-Featured Posts plugin for creating Featured Posts.