How To Redirect and Set Expiry Dates For Specific Posts In WordPress
Blogger face a problem of tracking posts which are no longer relevant from a huge set of posts one keeps making and the posts like GiveAway, Contest Posts, Deals after a period of time would no longer be valuable for visitors and even from a SEO point of view such content would be better off be either no followed, or removed.In such a scenario webmaster find it difficult to manually edit each such posts and set a 301 Redirect, so that Search Engines don’t end up finding broken links.
Page Expiration Robot is a WordPress Plugin which automates the process of redirecting visitor such pages or posts as mentioned earlier.The plugin can be set for each post individually where options like the date of expiry of the post, Redirect URL, and whom you want to Redirect can be specifically set for each post or page.
Here are the steps to setup a Post Expiry Using the plugin :
- Download, Install and Activate the plugin
- In the post edit page, a new option for post expiration which looks similar to the image below
Also Checkout :
- Fix Broken Links In WordPress
- How To Change WordPress Permalink Without Loosing Search Engine Rankings
- The expiry can be set in 3 ways ie., By IP Address, By Cookie or for all on the expiry.
The free version just redirect visitors to the set Redirect URL on expiry, for a better ROI a live countdown can be inserted which is part of the PRO Version.It works with posts and pages.