Ringdroid : Ringtone Maker For Android
Everyone wants a unique ringtone on their phone, Ringdroid is a free Android Application for creating ringtones on their T-Mobile G1 Phone and is completely implemented in Java. Ringdroid lets you create ringtones from MP3, WAV, and ARM files you load onto your phone through the SD card.
The most interesting feature of the application is that the most of Ringdroid’s controls are out on the interface and all respond to touch. You can set the start and ending notes by sliding arrows along the timeline, by pressing Start and End to record the point, or by typing in time stamps.You can also record your own sounds and set them as your ringtone, using the application’s Record button on the app interface.
Supported file formats right now include:
- Open an existing audio file
- View a scrollable waveform representation of the audio file at 5 zoom levels
- Set starting and ending points for a clip within the audio file, using an optional touch interface
- Play the selected portion of the audio, including an indicator cursor and autoscrolling of the waveform
- Play anywhere else by tapping the screen
- Save the clipped audio as a new audio file and mark it as Music, Ringtone, Alarm, or Notification.
- Record a new audio clip to edit
- Launches automatically in response to the GET_CONTENT intent with a mime type of audio/ if any other application wants to pick an audio file – for example the “Rings Extended” application.
Adroid apps are really getting interesting and the best of the apps available across different mobile platforms are coming up Android.
If you don’t have a T-Mobile G1 Handset, You can download the Emulator to get a feel of it.
If you have a T-mobile G1 handset, just click on “Market” and search for “Ringdroid” to install it.