How To Run A Webserver Of A CD
Ever wanted to run a webserver of a CD or a USB Drive then Server2Go is the answer.Server2Go is a Webserver that runs out of box without any installation. That means it is a webserver that can run directly from cdrom, usb stick or from any folder on harddisk. Server2Go allows you to create a standalone working web site or PHP application on a CD-ROM.Server2Go supports all Windows operations systems. The server starts automatically and opens a browser with the Website on the CD-ROM.
- Complete WAMPP Server
- Runs directly from CD-ROM, USB Stick or Harddisk without installation
- Full featured webserver (based on apache)
- PHP 5.x support with many extensions installed (i.e. gd)
- Supports SQLite databases
- Running on all Windows Win 98 and newer
- Support for MySQL 5 Databases
- Supports many PHP extensions (GD-Lib, PDO…) by default
- Support for Perl 5.8
You have different packages to choose from with an option of either Apache 1.3.35 or 2.0.58
- PHP 5.2.3, SQLite
- PHP 5.2.3, SQLite, MySQL 5.0.41
- PHP 5.2.3, SQLite, MySQL 5.0.41, Perl 5.8
- Mini-Package (only needed files) PHP 5.2.3, SQLite, MySQL 5.0.41
Each package varies in size depending on the version of Apache You choose
How to Use?
- The first time you open the Server 2Go, You get the default page with the sample pages and the tools option to the right.
- Launch the Server, By double clicking server2Go.exe
- Place all your HTML,PHP,etc files into the htdocs folder, run the files by typing http://localhost/filename.html for example.
- For the documentation visit here and for the Wiki click here.
Downlaod Server2Go from here.