It’s Winter and Christmas nearing so here’s how you can have Snowfall right on your WordPress powered blog using these plugins, which let you create a virtual snowfall on your blog.Recently WordPress.com users now have a plugin that will have snowingeffect on blogs till January 2009.Here are 2 plugin for having a snowfall effect on self-hosted wordpress blogs.
Let It Snow!
Aen Ten has come up with a wordpress plugin Let It Snow that makes use of the script by Scott Schiller.
- To install, upload the folder “let-it-snow” with its contents to “wp-content/plugins/”
- Activate the plugin in your admin panel.
- The snowfall is configurable by editing snowstorm.js.
- If the snow is going under or covered by stuff on your page, you need to open up snowstorm.js and change
this.o.style.zIndex = 2;at line 192 to something like
this.o.style.zIndex = 999;.
- More Configuartion of the script is available here.
Check out the plugin in action at the author’s blog.
Download Let It Snow ! Plugin
1. Download the wp-flake plugin below
2. Unpack the zip archive contents in your wordpress plugins folder (/wp-content/plugins/) and keep zip folders structure intact.
3. Enable the plugin in your WordPress Plugins admin page -> Flake.
Go to Options ->Flake and adjust the options if necessary and save.
PLugin HomePage — Download Wp-Flake