How To Have Snowfall on Your WordPress Powered Blog
It’s Winter and Christmas nearing so here’s how you can have Snowfall right on your WordPress powered blog using these plugins, which let you create a virtual snowfall on your blog.Recently WordPress.com users now have a plugin that will have snowingeffect on blogs till January 2009.Here are 2 plugin for having a snowfall effect on self-hosted wordpress blogs.
Let It Snow!
Aen Ten has come up with a wordpress plugin Scott Schiller.that makes use of the script by
- To install, upload the folder “let-it-snow” with its contents to “wp-content/plugins/”
- Activate the plugin in your admin panel.
- The snowfall is configurable by editing snowstorm.js.
- If the snow is going under or covered by stuff on your page, you need to open up snowstorm.js and change
this.o.style.zIndex = 2;at line 192 to something like
this.o.style.zIndex = 999;.
- More Configuartion of the script is available here.
Check out the plugin in action at the.
Download Let It Snow ! Plugin
1. Download the wp-flake plugin below
2. Unpack the zip archive contents in your wordpress plugins folder (/wp-content/plugins/) and keep zip folders structure intact.
3. Enable the plugin in your WordPress Plugins admin page -> Flake.
Go to Options ->Flake and adjust the options if necessary and save.