Laptops have become essential and are carried along to different places of work, They also contain important data, and loosing something like that can cause lots of problems, and tracing one is also difficult.But wait you have an option you can try out Prey which is a free stolen laptop tracking tool, which can come in handy in case your laptop is stolen.
It works by checking at regular intervals every time it runs and send information like general status of the computer, a list of running programs and active connections, fully-detailed network and wifi information, a screenshot of the running desktop and in case your laptop has an integrated webcam a picture of the laptop user to your email id.
Here’s what Info Prey would collect :
- The public and private IP address from which the PC is connected.
- The IP gateway for the network you are using to go online.
- The MAC address of the card or network controller which is connected to the network.
- The name and ESSID of the WiFi network to which it is connected.
- A list of active connections at the time that you run the program.
Prey will attempt to connect to the first public Wifi access point available or uses the active internet connection to send you this information.
It supports Windows , Mac OS and Linux.