Translate This – Inline Language Translation Widget With Google Analytics Tracking and Widget Customization Options
Google Translate offers webmasters a widget for using its language translation tool to translate content on webpages, but it lacks customization options like Google Tracking and restricting the translation to a specific element.etc.,
- Tracking with Google Analytics
- The ability to restrict the translation by ID so the widget only translates a portion of the page
- A callback function for when the translation completes
- Control over which languages appear in the flag list, drop down and overall listing
- Various styling options including the ability to use your own flag imagery
- Change the text of the widget to suit your site’s language
- Supports 52 languages.
- Cross Browser Compatible : Works in IE’s 6-8, Firefox 2-3.5, Safari 3+4, Chrome, and Opera 9+10.
- Inline Translation
- The script is also light weighing just over 12 kb
Update – Now there’s a WordPress Plugin for the TranslateThis Button which also offers better customization as to choose which language translations to offer and control over which part of the page to translate, Google Analytics Tracking and Display Customization.
To insert the TranslateThis Button using the WP Plugin, insert the following code where you want the button to appear –
<?php if ( function_exists('translate_this_button') ) translate_this_button(); ?>
and there’s also widget that you can place in your widgets and after activatation customize the plugin under the TranslateThis Button Settings.
Do share your experience with Translate This, Language Translation Widget with us.