How To View and Uninstall Hidden Devices Drivers In Windows
Windows Device Manager does not show the devices that not connected to the System.In case you used a device long back uninstalled the software but did you know that the drivers still load because the drivers cannot be removed by the uninstallers.Such device drivers have to be removed from the Windows Device Manager, The only way to remove it is to either reattach the device, or view hidden devices.
To remove such devices and device drivers follow these steps.
- Press Win + Pause/Break Select Hardware Tab and Press Device Manager
Start –> Run –> Type “devmgmt.msc” without quotes.
Open the System page in Control Panel, and then click the Advanced system settings link on the left.
- Click the Environment Variables button.
- In the lower System variables section, click New.
- Type devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices for the Variable name, and enter 1 for the Variable value. Click OK when you’re done, and click OK to close the System Properties window.
- Close Device Manager.
- Restart your computer, .
- Open Device Manager again and select Show hidden devices from the View menu.
- All the greyed out devices shown are the devices that not connected,
- To uninstall a device, Select and Right-click on the device and press Uninstall from the menu.