Google says “Web Should Be Fast” and as webmaster and as administrators of weblogs and websites its their duty to serve visitors webpages that load faster and use limited resources.Some of such techniques would be Caching, Minifying, GZIP Compression etc.,[ WordPress plugins like W3 Total Cache, WP Super Cache can help on caching].There are browser addons like YSlow and Google Page Speed which give technical details which aspects of a webpage are optimized and which can be further optimized for better experience of your website.
- WooRank – WooRank is a WebAnalytics tool that gives details about
- Traffic estimates – Alexa Ranking, Compete Ranking
- Content – Number of Indexed Pages, Popular pages
- In-Site SEO – Title, Meta Data, Headings,
- Internal Link Analysis with information about Text/HTML ratio [ LinkCounter – Count Internal and External Links In your website ]
- W3C Standard Compliance
- OffSite SEO – Last Crawled Date, Backlinks
- Directory Submissions and Social media links
- Server Information
- GZIP Compression status [ Check for GZIP Compression Online ]
WooRank Report can be downloaded as PDF.Currently the service is being for free and the developers plan to launch a premium version with more features.
- GTMetrix – This website performance analysis tool makes use of Google Page Speed and Yahoo! YSlow to grade your site’s performance and provides actionable suggestions, this tool acts like an alternative to checking performance without the need of installing the plugins on your browsers.
The summary shows the grades on YSlow and page Speed and Page load time, Total page Size and the total number of requests.
All the detailed information about the recommendations by both Google PageSpeed and Yahoo! YSlowcan be read at GTMetrix.Source : Amit Bhawani’s TechBlog
I loved Woorank until the only let you do own test a week. can you do another post with an alternative to woorank that provides the same kind of analysis for free?